Over the years, gaming had evolved from a casual entertainment platform into a global sensation with billions in revenue. Nowadays, video games are becoming a widely-accepted form of entertainment. Also, it can be considered as a profession for some, garnering millions of dollars in competitions. It becomes a global hit that bridges all kinds of people from different nationalities and beliefs. Anyways, what does online gaming gives us? What are its benefits? And also, what its adverse effects?
Advantages Of Online Games
Of course, online gaming becomes a convenient platform to communicate and play together with other people. It is also a good way of entertainment which makes you interact with other people, thus learning teamwork and camaraderie. And aside from being more socially active (through the web). It also has some benefits to the body too, like having a sharper mind, faster thought processing, coordination, and critical thinking. It helps the brain cope well during split-second decision-making situations, as well as better analysis of different tasks at the same time.
Disadvantages Of Online Games
Online games also have their disadvantages too, just like anything else. These are:
- Online games require internet access all the time.
- Playing online games sometimes needs long hours of playing since you will be together with other people.
- Health issues may develop, such as scoliosis for improper sitting posture, or carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Students may be inclined to study and may invest more time in playing online games instead. Thus, this will eventually decrease their school performance.
- Playing online games most of the time may cause addiction, and may hinder the person’s will to do other tasks.
- Hackers, such as people using hacks like fortnite ps4 hack, can ruin the game’s balance, as well as your overall gaming experience.
Moderation should always be observed so that one can still have a good and healthy lifestyle while playing online games from time to time. Just remember, if you have spare time, that’s the time to play, and not on times that you need to do something meaningful.