If you have never thrown a swanky party before, chances are you never had to rent table linens. If it is your wedding and you’re new to table linens, understand that linens have the power to take your wedding décor to a whole new level. While cheap table and chair rental services can easily arrange tables and chairs for your venue, renting table linens need some more research and knowledge.
What to know before renting table linens?
- The fabric
Linens can be of various fabrics and styles. You need to choose the one that goes best with your style and/or theme of the party, if any. Fabric of table linens can be satin, brocade, organza, velvet, taffeta, cotton, raw silk, lace and linen. Choose the one that best suits your taste as well as the mood of the occasion.
- Types of linens
Apart from table linens used to cover up tables at the venue, there are also other kinds of linens required for a wedding party.
- Table runners – narrow lengths of cloth spread on a table for an added touch of décor.
- Chair covers – fabric that covers the entire chair from top to bottom.
- Chair sash – analogous to runners, a chair sash is tied around the back of the chair.
- Liners – protective fabric placed beneath table linen.
- Overlays –linen placed over another linen to enhance the look of the décor arrangement.
Tips to keep in mind while renting wedding linens:
- Decide on the color and style of the linens for your big day.
- Look for a reliable and reputable linen rental service.
- Book your linens well in advance to avoid last-minute hassles.
- Talk out everything in detail and negotiate on the pricing with your vendor.
- Know about the size of the linens you require. Your vendor can also help you with sizing measurements.